how to build strong client relationships
For agencies. Half-day
This workshop is aimed at client-facing staff in any type of communication-orientated agency, including advertising, CRM, digital, social media and experiential and covers the following areas: -
The unique nature of the client/agency relationship (and how it’s different to other advisors).
Developing the antennae, you need to assess all aspects of the relationship.
What ‘trust’ really means and how to build it.
Knowing your client’s business and the environment they operate in.
Improving the quality of communication.
Confronting and resolving the sores that get rubbed.
Analysing your current client relationship and developing practical steps to enhance it.
The workshop is fast paced and highly interactive. Delegates come away with a working plan on how they can improve their current client relationships.
how to get the best from your advertising agency
For Clients. Half-day
Developed to help clients improve the quality of their relationship with advertising agencies; to increase productivity, ensure their fees are spent wisely and ultimately produce more effective campaigns.
The course deals with two broad areas. Firstly, it covers the benefits of true partnership and what makes a strong one. And secondly it offers practical advice on how to work with an agency throughout all the key stages of campaign development including: -
- Briefing the agency
- Working together day-to-day
- Responding in creative presentations and evaluating work
- Collaborating through the production process
- Addressing conflicts and issues
- Remuneration agreements and issues
- Running a client/agency appraisal
It’s aimed at clients at all levels responsible for managing advertising agencies and developing campaigns. This could include experienced clients who may have found working with an agency frustrating, as well as those who previously had little experience of working with an agency.
how to run a pitch to ensure you select the right agency
For Clients. Half-day
A recent survey found that 63% of clients were disappointed with their choice of agency, once they’d started working with them, three months after the pitch.
This course offers a former agency insider's view on how to apply rigour and careful consideration at every stage of the pitch process as well as opening clients’ eyes to the many different ways to run pitches.
The content includes:-
- Selecting key criteria for the long list of competing agencies
- Getting from a long list to exactly the right short list for the pitch
- The benefits of chemistry meetings
- Credentials v strategic pitch v full creative pitch. The benefits of each
- Workshop-based pitches
- The rules of engagement throughout the pitch process. Different theories and the benefits of different approaches
- Writing the brief
- How to assess the agencies
- How to factor remuneration discussions into the pitch process
It's aimed at staff at any level in Marketing or Procurement involved in managing pitches to select an agency.